IFBB Academy Central & Southern Africa
WHY CHOOSE IFBB ACADEMY?
The IFBB Academy carries out educational activities on the five continents, unifying teaching criteria’s worldwide.
The IFBB Academy trains new generations of coaches and specialists with internationally proven training and nutrition techniques. These programs are backed by the guarantee, the prestige and experience of the International Federation of Body Building and Fitness.
These educational programs are aimed to cover the incessant demand of trainers and monitors by a society in which the awareness of the importance of a healthy life and the necessity to combat the problems of a sedentary lifestyle, is continuously increasing, through the incorporation of exercise habits, lifestyle and fitness nutrition. We also cover the most specialized areas of high performance in fitness, bodybuilding and applied bodybuilding.
The IFBB Academy Courses open the way for athletes and Bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts to the exciting adventure of working and making a profession of the sport they love, contributing to the improvement of health and fitness for all and to the promotion of Fitness lifestyle.
- Holds competitions in the eleven following competitive sports: men’s bodybuilding, men’s classic bodybuilding, men’s fitness, men’s physique, women’s physique, women’s body-fitness, women’s bikini fitness, women’s fitness, mixed pairs, children fitness, men’s wheelchair bodybuilding.
- Organizes more than 8,000 local, national, regional, continental and world championships each year. Bodybuilding and Fitness are extremely popular sports practised as a healthy lifestyle worldwide.
- www.ifbb.com receives 15 million hits each month from almost all countries around the world.
- IFBB social media reaches a very impressive number of followers, athletes, officials, and Fitness enthusiasts, multiplied by millions through the social media of its 199 national affiliated federations.
- IFBB is signatory of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code, and strongly believes and supports the sport values, and the promotion of health.
- IFBB considers that the combination of proper training and nutrition, supported and guided by skilful and well-prepared coaches and trainers, are essential to promote athletes’, in all levels and disciplines, physical conditions and the public health, with tolerance zero to doping.
- The International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) is the sport federation responsible for the management of bodybuilding and fitness worldwide, being a full member and/or being recognised by the following sports institutions and organizations:
- Olympic Council of Asia (OCA)
- Pan-American Sports Organization (PANAMSPORTS)
- Central American and Caribbean Sports Organization (ODECABE)
- Central American Sports Organization (ORDECA)
- South American Sports Organization (ODESUR)
- Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA)
- Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
- As a matter of fact, bodybuilding and fitness has recently participated as medallist sport at the 2019 Pan American Games (the second largest Olympic event following the Summer Olympic Games) held in Lima, Peru.
- Furthermore, in December 2019 our sport has been admitted by ODEABE as medallist sport at the next 2022 Central American and Caribbean Games that will be held in Panama City, Panama.
Recognition by International Sport Organizations
- Association of Pan-American Sports Confederations (ACODEPA)
- Association of African Sports Confederations (AASC)
- International University Sports Federation (FISU)
- Alliance of Independent Recognized Members of Sport (AIMS)
- International World Games Association (IWGA)
Affiliation to International Education and Coaching Institutions
- European Union Sport Forum
- European College of Sport Science (ECSS)
- International Sport Press Association (AIPS)
- International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE)
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE)
- International Pierre de Coubertin Committee (CIPC)
- Peace and Sport.
- Muscle and Health, the official IFBB magazine with editions in Spanish, English, Arab and Indi languages; IFBB events, Photo galleries, athlete interviews, IFBB news together with Nutritional and training articles in a reader friendly design; a magazine from the athlete to the athlete.
- As the worldwide authority on weight training and sport nutrition, the IFBB has an extensive Educational Course Program that provides qualified certification to Bodybuilding, Fitness, Health and Sport related individuals from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds.